Radiation Oncology Physician
Academic hospital and private practice
Interest in oral care, where do we come from
- Oral health/care has been infused since childhood by family members working in this area and when I started radiotherapy oncology trainee, side effects of head and neck patients were my daily subject matter.
- Working in a oncology/head an neck surgeons/dentist team I realize the need for oral. health/care since prevention untill treatment toxicities.
- I am responsible for the inclusion of patients in clinical trials of patients with head and neck radiotherapy as well as working in conjunction with a team of oncologists including patients in immunotherapy studies.
- Specialist in oral side effects of radiotherapy.
- I Worked on national and european guidelines on supportive care / oral mucositis.
- All scope of oral care is for me a great interest – vonluntariee (http://www.mundoasorrir.org), education, patients support and national orientation. (https://www.geccp.pt).
Involvement in activities – what do we do
Connect with Ana on Linkedin